Comprehensive information on all the following services is available on this web site but here is a brief summary of questions we are most commonly asked on initial contact with clients. For more information do not hesitate to contact us by phone (01323 442054)

Q: I'm thinking of buying a new house and have been told I need a Building Survey. Can you deal with this?

A: Of course. We only provide full building surveys of property. We do not carry out homebuyers surveys as we are of the belief that potentially the biggest expense you will experience necessitates a fully comprehensive survey. One which will let know you know exactly what you are buying and gives you an estimate of the cost of any works we feel need to be carried out. This can then be used as a negotiating tool in the purchase price. We can also carry out surveys of business premises or inspections of structural problems you are experiencing with your present home or business premises. Click on Building Surveys for more information.

Q: My property has developed dampness (or cracking etc.). Can you help identify and suggest remedial work?

A: Certainly. We can come along and survey the problem and give you advice on the cause and how to remedy the situation. Should the problem be serious and remedial works be necessary, then we can arrange and monitor these works. Click Construction Defects now.

Q: I want to extend my home (or business) but don't know where to start.

A: Well you require a Feasibility Study of your ideas (or dreams!) for projects, be they that room in the roof or extension you have always wanted or new commercial premises for your business. Just click on Feasibility Studies and see what we can do for you.

Q: I know what I want but I need Plans. Can you prepare these or do I need an Architect?

A: Yes we can as Architects as such are not required as a separate profession and cost! We can provide full Architectural Services to enable your ideas to be turned into reality or plans required for conveyancing or leases. Following your approval of the plans we can then arrange for Planning and Building Regulations applications to be submitted and, if necessary, negotiate on your behalf with local and statutory bodies. Again click on Architectural Designs for more information.

Q: I've got Planning Permission for a project but I need someone to take care of the day to day Contract Administration. If this something your Practice can provide?

A: Absolutely. Contract Administration can be a nightmare for the inexperienced! But we are experienced and will take care of your project, large or small. To see what we can do under Contract Administration just click.

Q: My project requires a CDM Co-ordinator can you help?

A: Certainly we can. Click on CDM Co-ordination to see exactly how.

Q: I need to arrange for a Condition Survey to be carried out. Is this something you can do?

A: Yes indeed. We can also give advice on repairing covenants to leasehold properties and prepare condition surveys tailored to suit your requirements. See Building Surveys for more information then give us a call.

Q: I feel I need to look after my property and need advice on a maintenance programme. Can you advise me?

A: We certainly can. From an inspection to confirm the current condition of the property through to remedial works and a future maintenance programme we can deal with everything. Click on Property Maintenance for information on this service.

Q: I have been told I need a Measured Survey to be carried out. Is this something you can do?

A: Absolutely. Simply click Building Surveys and give us a call.

Q: I am a landlord (or tenant) and am concerned about a dilapidations issue. Can you help?

A: Definitely. This can be a challenging subject and we are more than happy to help. See under the heading Dilapidations for more information on this.

Q: My property has been damaged by a flood (fire, impact damage etc.). Then we are here to help, sometimes through Loss Adjusters appointed by your insurers, with the assessment of the damage and to deal with the repairs as quickly as possible.

A: Click on Insurance Claims for all the information you require.

Q: I've a Listed (or Building of Architectural Importanceand I need assistance. Do you have the expertise?

A: Yes, our Principal Stephen Sands has the appropriate qualifications and considerable experience of alterations, extensions and refurbishment of such buildings. Simply click Architectural Design for ways in which we can assist.

Q: I've been served with a Party Wall Notice what does it mean and can you help?

A: Yes we can. The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 came into force on the 1st July 1997. It applies to every type of owner of land within England and Wales with very few exceptions. Click on Party Wall for more information and then give us a call.

Q: I need a Building Surveyor to act as an Expert Witness. Is this within your expertise?

A: It certainly is. For more information on this click on Expert Witness.

PASS Consultants

Suite 5
Kingswood House
13 North Street
East Sussex
BN27 1DQ
Location Map Directions

tel: 01323 442054
fax: 01323 442114
[email protected]


 What Do I Need A Surveyor For?
Rics Logo
Royal Town Planning Institute Logo
Independent Surveyors Association Logo
QMS ISO9001 Logo